18 May 2011

From an old album / de um album velho


This was done as a possible entry for a Quilt exhibition in Europe (Belgium) a few years ago. The art work had to be done around the kymono shape and the title of the exhibition was Ky-monologue.

Here I mixed soft sculpture with shibory, free seweing, aplique and fabric manipulation.

I quite enjoyed doing it. The fact that it had to be real size kymono allowed me to use the hands (mine obviously) in real size as well. I think it really represents the monologues I still do while deciding what comes next: my hands move in front of me touching and turning all sorts of things. Here it's as if I can whatch them from another angle.


Este trabalho foi feito como entrada para uma exposicao de quilts na Europa (Belgica). O trabalho tinha que ser apresentado na forma de quimono mas com o tema: Ky-monologue.

Tecnicamente juntei soft-sculture ( escultura de pano?) a shibori, costura livre, aplique e manipulacao de tecido.

Gostei imenso de o fazer. Porque tinha que ser baseado em tamanho real, pude aplicar as maos (minhas claro) em tamanho real tambem. Acho que representa bem os monologos que ainda faco comigo mesma enquanto decido o que vem a seguir: as minhas maos movem-se em frente de mim, tocando e produzindo toda uma serie de coisas.

Mas aqui, posso vejo-as de um angulo diferente.

No comments:

Post a Comment