23 Mar 2010

Memory series / serie Memorias

Obidos
Funchal


I have finished the first two pieces: Obidos and Funchal. Just need to mount them. As always the results surprised me. It is so different when I take the backing paper: it's as if the work takes a flight of its own...

This series is based on the houses I've lived in, but I've just found out that I've lived in 28 houses (until now). My list was incomplete! If I make two a week... it will take quite a while to finish it.
The good bit is that from each I can take new ideas for other works. Maybe I shouldn't put a time limit or production time (ugh, sounds like a factory process).
I need to add that the images don't do justice to the final pieces. The shine of the fabrics don't allow me to take photos with flash or any other light aid.



Terminei as duas primeiras pecas: Obidos e Funchal. Falta monta-las. Como sempre os resultados surpreenderam-me, tao diferente ficam quando o papel de tras e retirado. As pecas tomam identidade individual e ficam independentes de mim mesma...

A serie e baseada nas casas em que vivi ate a data, mas descobri que tinha a minha lista incompleta: foram 28. Se fizer duas por semana... ainda me levara um bom tempito. O lado bom e que cada uma delas me leva a novas ideias para outras pecas. Talvez nao deva por tempo limite ou de producao (bah, parece que estou a falar de producao industrial).
Tenho a acrescentar que as imagens nao fazem justica as pecas finais. O brilho dos tecidos impede-me de poder tirar fotos com ajuda de flash ou outra luz indirecta.

No comments:

Post a Comment